Active Park Assist
Not everyone loves to parallel park. But what if we designed a car that not only helps you find the right size parking space, but also automatically steers itself in for a perfect park?
How it works
- Ultrasonic sensors on the sides and front and rear bumpers of the vehicle ‘search’ for parking spaces on either side of the road that are big enough to parallel park your vehicle.
- Sensors search within 1.5 metres when you travel at speeds of up to 30kmh.
- The sensors are always passively scanning spaces, so if you activate the system after you’ve just passed a good parking spot, it will let you know.
- When the right-size space is found, you’ll hear an alert and instructions will appear on your display screen telling you where to position the vehicle to begin the park.
Perfect parks, hands-free
- In narrow streets, the system detects and rejects spaces where the turn required to park could cause a collision with vehicles on the opposite side of the street.
- A combination of your vehicle’s EPAS (electric power-assisted steering) and sensors are used to steer the vehicle safely and perfectly into place at speeds of up to 10kmh.
- Take your hands off the steering wheel and just work the forward and reverse gears, accelerator and brake.
- You can take control of the park at any time by taking hold of the steering wheel.
Did you know?
- Some automatic parking systems only allow one manoeuvre to park. Ford Active Park Assist allows as many manoeuvres as you need to park perfectly.
Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L AT 4×4 MY2019
Everest Titanium 2.2L AT 4×2
Explorer Limited 2.3L EcoBoost AT 4WD